Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Easter! TECC60 Sketch Challenge


Happy Easter! The cards are made using some of the yummy dp purchased in Gettysburg last week. I didn't exaggerate when you read that plenty of paper was bought at that great LSS; check out their online store. These cards are for very young granddaughters; my husband is leaving a week sooner than me (I'm working :-( and is taking these with him to hand out to the girls. Taylor's sketch works perfect for the Easter cards, at least I think it does :-D Much of what is used on the cards is a few years old, such as the brads, the chick sticker, the bunny with the bow and the egg punch. I tried updating the "older" stuff by using CB efs, MS punches, Spellbinders oval nesties, and some lovely lime ribbon purchased in NYC at the Kate Spade store. The punched eggs were cut with an inexpensive decorative scissor from Mike's. I think that SCS has a challenge to use "older" stuff. It seems as if anything that's not used within 6 months or so becomes outdated, so having an opportunity to update supplies becomes economically efficient :-D
Thanks so much for stopping by; hope you enjoyed your visit.
Gigi

4 comments:

Lelo said...

Gigi, your cards are beautiful! I've visited your blog before, but have never left a comment. I really enjoy your writings as much as your cards, and can sense the fun and enthusiasm you have for your craft and living. Please continue to inspire and uplift me with your work and fun spirit.

Alison said...

These cards are lovely! I admire your use of 'older' stash on them! I am also on a mission to use up the stash I have had for a while and I don't think it looks old at all- things don't date as quickly as the suppliers would have us believe!

Beth aka BR-T said...

These cards are so grand! BR-T

GoofyGramaYo said...

Love you web site and your cards are awesome. Still have your first one on photo frame and girlfriend, YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY!!!! my fav are the stelettos. laster sister