Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wacky Wednesday Challenge Pink Lady Corvette


Goodness, it seems as if ages have passed since my last blog post was written! We had a wonderful time in Texas and in Colorado visiting family, especially children and grandchildren. It doesn't take long to begin missing them, but next week my daughter, Ronay, is flying out to celebrate a belated 40th birthday with hubby and me. Okay, enough of the chit chat, let's get down to business... :-D I had to endure card crafting withdrawals during the visit out west, but a friend and I enjoyed a trip to a new Michael's in Amarillo, TX, so there was some relief :-D Rubbernecker has a weekly wacky challenge and this week's challenge was to use pink and purple colors on a project. I played the challenge twice; this card uses the classic Corvette as the main image and was colored with Twinkling H2O pot paint. While out of town, some new supplies arrived in the mail, which included the Polka Dot frame from Spellbinders.
The frame was die cut and embossed. Using Fresh Snow from Papertrey Ink, a sponge was dabbed on the embossed dots. Two paper flowers were colored with Copic markers and a rhinestone was added to the center for some bling. White grosgrain ribbon was used for a backdrop to the flowers.
Have to admit that using pink and purple is difficult for me; I'm such a loud color woman :-D If you feel comfortable enough to use these colors, why not check the Rubbernecker website and try winning a great prize?
Had a wonderful surprise waiting yesterday evening when I got home from the office; I won a new set of fashion stamps from Rubbernecker! You can imagine how excited I became since the day had some chaotic moments at the office; this prize calmed me down. Actually I began screaming with excitement when I saw my name boldly written as a winner :-D
Thanks for taking time to look and read; I really appreciate it!
Gigi

4 comments:

Dawn Frost said...

I love the car! Nice card.

Juliana said...

such a cute card!
LUV that frame!!!!
I bet it is even cuter IRL with the twinkling H2Os!!!

I am so glad you played with us!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

LOVE THIS!! That corvette looks fab in pink!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, another fabulous Wacky Wednesday card...love the super cool corvette and your coloring is just beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along!!!