Wednesday, April 29, 2009

OCC 04/25/09 Merci!

While looking at the color challenge SCS has this week, I came across a challenge that OCC is having this week,too, and remembered a card made quite a while ago, but never posted because it was made so that I could use new markers and new Poppy Patch stamps from Flourishes :-D I fell in love with these stamps the first time I saw them posted on a blog (can't remember how many of them) and made a promise to buy a set asap. Found them here in Northern Virginia at the nearest LSS and have never regretted the purchase. The challenge over at OCC is to use your favorite colors to create a project; there are prizes to win, if you're up to it. My favorite colors are red, black, and white, but really enjoy using yellow to give myself a bright color fix :-D

The flowers were colored with Prismacolor markers. I tried the outside the box technique to make the larger poppy stand out while stamping the smaller one twice, cutting one and adhering it with a pop dot on top of the first image. I wanted to give the card some French flair, so the SU! French Script stamp was used on the yellow cs and a swirly CB die was used as a background for the main image.

Merci for stopping by and taking a look.

Stamps: Poppy Patch (Flourishes)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), distress Scattered Straw and Tea Dye (Ranger)
Paper: French Market (7Gypsies), yellow (maybe SU!)?, Select White (PTI), black (unknown source)
Accessories: Pure Poppy ribbon (PTI), ribbon tag trio set (Spellbinders), Prismacolor markers, computer generated sentiment, CB die, circle punch

1 comment:

TinaStina said...

Hi Gigi!
I love your cards! This one with the flowers and the other one with the butterflies. I like the coloring with distressinks and how you've cut out like one butterfly to get the 3D-effect.

Thank's for the inspiration!

Kram!