Monday, April 13, 2009

Thank you, Mita!

Took a nice long walk today to clear the mind, exercise the body, and feel some fresh air on my face and am so glad that I did! When I got back home, went to the mail box and found a wonderful gift package waiting to get opened from Sweden. My kind and generous friend, Mita Ericksson, sent another package containing more fabulous gems: An Alota stamp I've been desiring, a butterfly stamp, another stamp to use as a signature, great stamped images, and last, but not least, a necklace with my name. You know how God puts friends into your life for a reason? Well, Mita and I became friends through our blogs and I am so thankful for her friendship. Since moving to Virginia from Texas, friends have been hard to come by; the people here are friendly enough, but it seems as if time and other commitments keep me from bonding with many. I'm so thankful for the part time job that keeps me busy because it takes my mind off a lot of negative thoughts, such as not having my best friends here to enjoy, or not getting to see my children and grandchildren as often as I would like. I feel blessed to have Mita in my life; she has really given me a spiritual lift and is so much fun to know. She speaks Swedish and I speak English, but she knows much more English words than I know Swedish :-D I've learned a couple of words, such as Kram, but nothing compared to what Mita can write in her messages. I wish every person, who sometimes feels a little down, had a friend like Mita to make their day that much nicer. My wish is that I become the friend to her and others as she has been to me. She'll never know the extent of how much her messages, gifts, and friendship have meant.

The card is made with one of the images Mita inked up and mailed across the ocean :-D I just love this image! "Tilda" was colored with Copic and Prismacolor markers. The sentiment is a rub on from Autumn Leaves Pretty Poppies, which was sponged with Scattered Straw and Tea Dye around the edges. The flowers are Primas. The Polka Dot frame (Spellbinders) was cut, embossed and sponged (PTI Fresh Snow). Squiggles were added to give the image some added dimension. Pure Poppy (PTI) was embossed with the Swiss Dots ef. Paper for the frame is True Black (PTI) and the card base is Select White (PTI.) A red rhinestone from Mike's was adhered to the center of the flower.

Hope you're inspired by this card and will create one for a good friend who makes you feel special and leaves happy thoughts in your head, I did!

Gigi

No comments: