Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Halloween Stuff!

I don't like scary or horror movies, but I really enjoy making Halloween cards for family and friends. The papers, sentiments, embellishments, and colors are such fun to use, so have to admit I pick Halloween as a favorite season to make cards :-) Thanksgiving is a beautiful season, but it seems so solemn when it comes to colors and sentiments (there are probably a lot of disagreements). Christmas is another wonderful season because as Christians, we celebrate the birth of Christ, so if I make a cutesy card, a tinge of guilt pops up because I know the reason for the season. So much for explanations; here are more cards I happened to make over the weekend (happy to stay in the craft room on a holiday, such as Labor Day, that we celebrate in the U.S. :-)

The witch card has a wooden face purchased at Mike's for very little. The card was extremely easy and quick to put together, so if you have scraps from the past or present, use them up; the dp was a Mike's sale find. A crimper, Spellbinder dies, CB dies, rick rac, brads, and black paper trim finish off the card.










Last one is a another simple card using stickers from last year's "monster mash" stash :-) A new Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics II set was used for the bottom part of the card. Unfortunately I haven't quite succeeded getting the entire stamp inked up correctly yet, so I went over each dot with a purple marker :-) The light green ribbon has been sitting in the ribbon bin for longer than I can remember, so thought it would "light" up the "creepy" skeleton...haha!



Hope you received some sort of inspiration today and plan on coming back to see more later. Have a wonderful rest of the week, my friend!

Hugs (kram in Swedish),
Gigi

No comments: