Saturday, September 5, 2009

MFT Totally Witchin'

Last year, around this time, I was browsing through SCS and found several delightful cards using the Totally Witchin' set from MFT. Since I had already purchased the annual Halloween stamps, I passed on this darling set until this year. I went back to the MFT site that SCS has and notice that this card isn't the most creative, but I don't care; it was great fun putting together and am very happy with the results, especially with the purple glitter on the hat.
The spider is a pom pom with those little google eyes glued to it. I used a Cuttlebug die for the spider legs; saves time on cutting out a stamped version :-) The background paper was embossed with a CB spider web folder; love the texture it gives the card. I used Copic markers to color the main image and applied purple rhinestones to the bottom edge for some bling bling :-) Am not too sure as to where the purple grosgrain ribbon was purchased, but most likely it was at a scrapbook store that I visited within the last three months.
Thanks for stopping by and hope that you're having a great weekend and have some fabulous plans for Labor Day. Tomorrow hubby, a good friend, and I are heading to a place called Occoquan, VA; I was advised to take plenty of moola...oh, oh, that sounds like trouble :-)
Gigi

2 comments:

Mita said...

Just a quick HI!Love th Graphic 45 papers... Beginning to feel human again! Lots of hugs, Mita

Monica said...

Hi Gigi!
Love your card! The spider was a nice touch to it :-)

I´ve forgotten to answer a question you´ve made. I don't teach at a school yet,I have two more years to study first :-) Right now we are studying science philosofi (i think it's called that in english). Really hard... So I have to read a lot!!
Kram kram!