Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mojo Monday 124 Life's Possibilities


Lately the sketch challenges have been neglected and I can't give a reason except to say that I've worked on quite a few Valentine cards (see previous post) and didn't use any sketch challenges. Today, since the snow continues to fall in Northern Virginia, and sweet hubby and I don't want to get stranded outdoors in our car, I found a Mojo Monday sketch challenge to use. The card is a very masculine one and these are so difficult for me to make because I love flowers, ribbons, and a lot of bling. Tim Holtz was the inspiration since the stamps have his name registered and the ink is distress ink.
When hubby saw the finished card, he said it makes him think of time running out. We're hoping to get the most out of our life before time runs out, such as taking spur of the moment day trips, which we did on Thursday to NYC. We happened to choose the day before the snow began to fall on the mid-Atlantic area and enjoyed a wonderful time together. Are any of you into Korean food? We stopped at a restaurant called Hanbat and enjoyed a yummy lunch. My daughter and I found this place last year and were impressed with the food and the lunch prices. During lunch, a patron is given several bowls of different appetizers to sample before the main course is brought to the table. We sampled foods that we had never tried and there wasn't really anything left to return to the kitchen we finished....ha ha! We stopped in the huge Toys 'R Us store and had our picture taken together in front of the ferris wheel; I think we were the oldest couple there, but we had a great time checking out the newest toys on the market. We took a cab to Times Square and walked around window shopping until it was nearly time to head home. As we were walking to Macy's, on 5th and Broadway, I found a wonderful trim shop that nearly took my breath away; it's called M&J's Trimming and has wall to wall mouth watering trims, ribbons, etc. that you can use for sewing or crafting projects. I brought home some Swarovski half beads and a few yards of vintage lace to use on cards. The half beads should be larger for floral centers, but what I have will do until my next trip to NYC; I promise to look around the store longer because there was a lot missed.
Thank you for stopping by and hopefully you have taken some inspiration from the card or the sketch.
Gigi
Stamps: Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection Life's Possibilities (Stampers Anonymous)
Ink: Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Paper: Brown (Bazzill), Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: EB (Cuttlebug), twine (Papertrey Ink), sanding block, buttons, circle die (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Love this card! And you do this types of card just as lovely as the coulorfull ones :-) The clock is wonderful!

Congratulations to the new familymembers as well :-)
Lots of kramar!