Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Beautiful Birthday Gift

This birthday gift (chipboard FAMILY spelled out album) was made by a very sweet and caring friend, Naoma, who lives in Texas, which is so far from northern Virginia. The day it arrived in the mail, I had spent some time that particular morning thinking of my family in Texas, especially the grandsons, who are growing by leaps and bounds. I even became teary-eyed because I was missing everyone so much. When I opened up the package, containing this beautiful album, I immediately began to cry because it touched my heart tremendously and because I know how much time and effort goes into making something by hand. This gift is probably one of the most treasured and thoughtful ones I've ever received and will always remember how much it means. Another thoughtful touch was using some of my favorite design paper, Lime Rickey; I love BRIGHT colors and Naoma remembered. I amazed at how well she cut out and adhered paper to the chipboard letters; I can't make a chipboard piece look anywhere as nice as she does. Each page contains pictures of my family in Texas; the first page has a picture of my grandson, Jackson, and me; isn't he a cutie patootie? Thanks, Naoma, for making this birthday so special; you really know how to touch a sister paper crafter's heart!

Gigi

1 comment:

Monica said...

I can see why you was so glad for that chipboard album. It really is beautiful!! And what a great way to celebrate someones birthday :-) Really beautiful! :-)

I had no idea that you´ve had your birthday now, so I want to wish you happy birthday a bit late :-) Happy birthday Gigi!! :-)
Lots of kramar!!