Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ronay!


On December 27, 2008, my oldest child, Ronay, turned 40! I wanted to make a card that reflects her bright and cheery personality (no, not the liquor..ha ha), so I decided to use some very colorful paper to create it. My daughter has the most beautiful natural curl in her hair, so Winobella fit perfectly. The dress was paper pieced with scraps of the dp used on the front of the card, which has lots of glitter on it. The wine glasses were lightly colored with markers and Crystal Effects were added for dimension. The grosgrain ribbons are from PTI, berry sorbet and lemon tart. The ovals were cut using the Petite Classic and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (how perfect are those cuts :-) Ronay is coming to visit, in April, and hopefully she'll kick up her heels during the time we have together, especially since she lives so far from me :-( The sentiment was computer generated; I wanted to use something a little different for her 40th birthday. The oval image was sponged with Ranger distress inks while still in the die, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye purchased from Rubbernecker. The paper used: PTI Stamper's Select white and berry sorbet, and dp purchased from Michael's.

1 comment:

ronay said...

Thank you for the sweet words, Mom, and for taking the time to make me a special card. love you, Ronay