Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Magnolia-Licious! April Sketch Challenge

Time has flown by fast these past couple of days; hope all the moms out there were treated like queens on Sunday. I am the oldest of 10 children...whew! Everyday of the week was filled with chores, taking care of the little ones, and doing all that other stuff big sisters do, such as be the BOSS :-D Our family didn't have a lot of money to spend on special occasions, so on our birthday, we got the day off. We were styling during the time Art Linkletter (who, you ask?, well if you don't know, that's okay :-) We chose what we wanted mom to fix for dinner and got to watch as much tv as possible; my birthday is in the summer, so there was plenty of daylight left to play later than usual.

This little "glittered gem" was made on Mother's Day. I chose to spend the day doing what's fun for me and it was in the craft room. The image made me think of how special moms are and that's why there is glitter on the bow and on the shoes; moms seem to "sparkle" alot, don't you agree? I found a sketch challenge over at the Magnolia-Lious blog site and played with April's. Bought pom poms several months thinking I could get creative using them, but they never seemed to work before, so tried once more and sweet hubs thinks it looks as if Tilda is sitting on a pom pom fence...ha ha! What would I do without his input???? I'm so thankful that there is someone for me to turn to for assurance, ideas, or even get to make things.

LOVE charm is another gift from my sweet friend, Mita. She is venturing out on her own and opening up a scrapbook store in Sweden, so if you live near Sparreholm, please stop by and say hello to her for me!

Have a wonderful spring day and hopefully your're inspired in some way with this card, such as using glitter when you shy away from it. If you use the Two Way Glue pen, you'll do great. I like the fact that you mark only the areas that you want glitter to stick, and that the glue doesn't spill over into other areas.

Gigi

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Tilda sitting with Hair Bow (Hanglar-Sweden)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
  • Paper: Select White (PTI), Night of Navy (SU!), dp paper (Me and My Big Ideas)
  • Accessories: Nesties, CB ef, pom poms, glitter (Martha Stewart's large collection of glitter), heart charm, corner punch (SU!) Copic markers, pop dots

1 comment:

Monica said...

Ohhh! Love the glitter on her shoes and hair "thing" (don't know what you call it in english :-)
Lovely card as usual :-)
Kram!